Unquestionably, the United States is now a military dictatorship! We're living in a fascist police state in which absolute power is concentrated in a capitalist criminal cabal that uses military and police power to dominate the people mentally and physically. The U.S. had been moving toward a total military dictatorship since about 1913; but in 2012 the final nail in the coffin of democracy and justice was hammered into place with the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act, Title X, Subtitle D (NDAA)!In May, 2013, the US military unilaterally declared that it will intervene domestically whenever it damn well pleases!
NDAA allows American citizens to be arrested, imprisoned, and tortured by the U.S. military--without due process of any kind!
Other criminal features of this current American military dictatorship include:
- A capitalist ruling clique increasing its militaristic imperialism operations
- Multi-deployments resulting in military suicide rate skyrocketing
- 2000 coup d'etat and cabal puppet put into power in 2008 by a one-party system
- Chief of US Central Command saying "It's fun to kill people"
- Government informants spying on fellow citizens
- The spread of militaristic values and the increasing power of the military in our society
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY." Hermann Goering, President of the Reichstag and Nazi Luftwaffe Commander in Chief,
from Gilbert, G.M. (1947). Nurenberg Diary, New York: Signet
Americans have been led to assume that war, as an institution, is merely a means that a society uses to achieve its ends when forced to by emergency or crisis. In actuality, the basic political-economic structure of the United States consists of the production of armaments by the "defense industry" and the destruction of armaments in fabricated wars.|
Wars are not "caused" by a crisis such as Pearl Harbor, 9/11, nonexistent weapons of mass destruction, or a supposed Yemini Al Qaeda underpants terrorist; wars are contrived for political-economic purposes by those in power.
The current political-economic rulers in the U.S. and Europe have duped the people into thinking that war is a last resort which "we" must adopt when our national or bloc sovereignty is threatened or when a ruthless leader engages in "ethnic cleansing" or some other unspeakable act.
The "National Defense State" scam works this way in the U.S.:
- Congress sinks huge sums into the "defense" budget.
- Congress transfers the money to the Pentagon and the Pentagon distributes our tax money to the various defense industries.
- "Defense" industry corporations buy congresspersons and presidents with campaign contributions.
This process gives controlling-interest owners of corporations outrageous profits and control over the government.
From the chart on the left, it's easy to see that war--the making and destroying of armaments--is the primary business of the U.S. under the present regime of the capitalist cabal.
|"The point to be grasped has been staring Western civilization in the face for the last half century: Namely, that a predominantly megatechnic economy can be kept in profitable operation only by systematic and constant expansion. Instead of a balanced economy, dedicated to the enhancement of life, megatechnics demands limitless expansion on a colossal scale. A feat only war or mock-war-rocket building and space exploration can supply."|
Capitalists Start Wars, They Don't Fight In Wars
In 1863, the North passed a law to draft young men into the Union army. Because of one provision in the conscription legislation, the most extreme urban violence America had ever seen erupted in New York City. The provision was that rich families could--for $300--buy their sons' exemption from the draft. So these sons of rich capitalists dodged the draft by buying their way out of the draft: J.P. Morgan, Jay Gould, James Fisk, William Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Philip Armour, and Andrew Mellon. Judge Thomas Mellon's letter to his son Andrew clearly expressed the sentiment of capitalists: "In time you will understand and believe that a man may be a patriot without risking his own life or sacrificing his health. There are plenty of other lives less valuable."
J.P. (Pierpont) Morgan and his underlings essentially started World War I, reaping huge profits from the death of every American, British, French, and German soldier. Pierpont Morgan's New Haven railroad was about to go bankrupt when hostilities in Europe broke out. Morgan first convinced US President Woodrow Wilson to allow his companies to make loans to France to finance its war effort. Morgan then convinced the British and French governments to name him essentially the sole purchasing agent for the $3 billion to be spent on war materiel. This netted the J.P. Morgan company $30 million in commissions.
Pierpont directed the contracts--and profits--to Morgan-connected companies: Banker's Trust, Bethlehem Steel, Du Pont, United States Steel, Morgan-Guggenheim Utah Copper Company, and International Harvester. However, by 1917, the Allies had been brought to their knees and the J.P. Morgan interests were in deep trouble. The Allies owed Morgan and other US corporations $1.5 billion. All these loans would go bad if the United States did not enter the war. American Ambassador to Britain Walter Hines wrote to President Wilson that "Unless we go to war with Germany, our Government, of course, cannot make such a direct grant of credit . . ." to France and Britain. Within four weeks, President Wilson asked Congress for a declaration of war--and J.P. Morgan was saved.
"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death." Martin Luther King Jr., speech at NYC Riverside Church , April 4, 1967
Capitalist Wars Continue Unabated
The cabal-led military dictatorship is carrying out a policy of militaristic imperialism. The puppet Obama regime is now building the biggest-ever war machine:
- Obama is now deploying more troops than Dubya did. George W. Bush left the White House with 173, 000 US troops deployed in the two principal US wars (142,000 in Iraq and 31,000 in Afghanistan). With the increase of 45,000 troops in Afghanistan, Obama is now deploying a total of 233,000: 120,000 in Iraq and 113,000 in Afghanistan
- Obama says the various "wars" are costing $1 trillion. In truth, the entire "war on terrorism" has cost $6 trillion and continues to cost $1.5 trillion per year.
- Israel's right-wing militaristic government has been given billions in US military aid over many decades
- During the past half century US aid to Israel has totaled a whopping $81.3 billion (November 2001 Congressional Research Service report)
- Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia are among the next largest recipients of US military weaponry
- From 1999 to 2000, Egypt received $1.3 billion in US military aid and Jordan got $123 million
- While Saudi Arabia receives no outright US military assistance, it has bought over $33.5 billion of the most sophisticated US weapons systems (AWACS, F-15's and more) over the past ten years; that's more than US military assistance given to Israel and Egypt combined
- Poor, developing nations bought 68 percent of US weapons output in 2000 (Congressional Research Service study)
- American weapons producers signed contracts for some $18.6 billion dollars in 2000, up from around $12.9 billion dollars the previous year
- US contracts accounted for 49.7 percent of global sales in 2000 and the US controlled half of the developing world's arms market with $12.6 billion in sales
- The US routinely sells weapons to undemocratic regimes and gross human rights abusers (Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Kuwait, Turkmenistan and Turkey), which the capitalist cabal views as "trustworthy allies"
- Because the U.S. military budget is about 10 times as large as the next military budget, the United States has been able to out-compete all other countries in producing and selling weapons on the global market, running other countries out of business
- In addition to controlling military technology, the United States gives an enormous amount of military aid:
- In foreign aid
- In the form of subsidized purchases of weapons
- In guaranteed loans to countries to buy weapons
- To train the military in other countries (e.g. Indonesia) in dealing with civil conflict, civil unrest, insurgency, and emergencies
- The US power elite not only recruits and solicits and consolidates and solidifies a monopoly relationship with the military elites in countries around the world, but also with the foreign policy elites, the people who work at institutes for strategic studies and in the Foreign Service, the people who develop concepts of the world and of international relations, which then drive and determine the kind of choice points that governments will make along the way on a wide variety of issues
Congress unquestioningly passes every military budget, but if we can afford to install country clubs in over a thousand embassies and bases all over the globe, wouldn't these perks be a good place to slash expenditures?
"The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labour. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. Even when weapons of war are not actually destroyed, their manufacture is still a convenient way of expending labour power without producing anything that can be consumed."
George Orwell, 1984
The Military Dictatorship Budget
The cabal pretends to be reducing the deficit--targeting the elderly and poor by cutting $38 billion in what it calls "entitlements"--while INCREASING the military budget by $700 billion in 2011!
|| In 2010, $1.53 Trillion was spent by military establishments throughout the world. €30 billion a year could eradicate world hunger.|
90% of workers' taxes go to military spending.
Religious leaders worldwide continue to support illicit militaristic imperialist wars, mindlessly intoning the lie that military personnel are fighting against terrorism or "saving the American way of life."
The capitalist cabal lies to the American people about how much it spends on military expenses. As indicated in the image on the right, the Obama puppet regime tells the American taxpayers that only about 17% of the federal budget goes to the military expenditures. In reality, about 90% of workers' taxes go to military spending!
In a correlative article on oil imperialism, we saw that a major part of the overall world dominance strategy is:
- First, they sell armaments to a regime (for example, Panama, Iraq, Yugoslavia/Kosovo, Afghan/Pakistan/Taliban Mujaheddin).
- Then, they demonize the regime to which they sold the armaments and declare war on it (e.g. Panama Invasion, Gulf War, UN Kosovo war, Afghanistan war, Iraq war).
- After the war, they station permanent military bases in the country and use the military bases to control the energy resources in the surrounding countries.
- They impose the current U.S. foreign policy doctrine called "full-spectrum dominance": the U.S. must control military, economic and political developments everywhere.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison, while a United States Congressman
Militarism Gives Resistance to Tyranny a Bad Name
The United States was in part created by a revolutionary war fought by American patriots against their British oppressors. Throughout much of American history, especially since the beginning of the twentieth century, U.S. leaders have primarily perpetrated war on the people of the world instead of using war to free the people from oppression. Even in the second world war, which has been called "the good war," American and German industrialists collaborated with the Nazis for the purpose of making unconscionable profits.
Even so, we must remember that resistance, of all kinds, against tyranny is sometimes the only or the best response to naked aggression and oppression. The fact that the cabal regime has previously and is now using war merely as a pretext for its imperialistic schemes does not destroy the principle that the people's resistance against tyranny is sometimes necessary. It's necessary to resist the current tyranny of the Obama puppet regime with whatever means are effective.
Certainly, in the present situation the cabal has a monopoly over violence (military, intelligence agencies, police) in the United States and the world. So it would be idiotic for ordinary citizens to use violence in our present struggle to create a New America where the well-being of all its citizens is the common goal. But we citizens must, nonetheless, do everything in our power to combat the onslaughts against our Constitutional liberties:
- Speak out against each instance of oppression that we see
- Avoid allowing ourselves to be duped by the call for a jingoistic, 200% patriotism that is part of the "High Cabal's" scam to marginalize the people
- Join with activist groups that are working to improve conditions and fight tyranny
- Create cooperative commonwealth communities
The Lexicon of Understanding
In a series of articles on this Web site, we've exposed the various facets of the capitalist cabal's overthrow of American democracy and control of the United States:
- Capitalist Genocide
- Societal Apocalypse
- Capitalist Terrorism
- America Is A Banana Republic Not A Democratic Republic
- Contemporary America Is Nazi Germany
- Police State USA?
- The World Dominance Plot
- The Anthrax Atrocities
- Oil Imperialism
- Enronization: Global Epidemic
- The Destruction of American Education
- And the facet of military dictatorship in this article
In these articles, we have used such terms as fascism, cabal, militarism, dictatorship, police state, world dominance, war crimes, war profiteering, state criminality, economic exploitation, and military dictatorship.
In each instance, we provide an immediate explanation or linkout which defines these terms. Such terms as these cited sometimes possess connotations that connect them with older ideological concepts.
For example, the term imperialism was used extensively in Marxist and socialist writings. We encourage our readers to avoid being put off by these irrelevant connotations and concentrating on the precise meanings and relevant context. In the case of the term "imperialism," for instance, we define it as "the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation, especially by direct territorial acquisition or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas."
Our use of these terms should in no way be construed as our agreement with doctrinaire Marxist or socialist ideologies. As our Web site makes clear, we work within the American progressive movement that issued from the Enlightenment and Perennialist traditions.
Such concepts as referred to above are essential terms of discourse in these times when the cabal and its Obama puppet regime engage in fearsome actions which can only be explained through concepts such as "fascism" and "dictatorship."
We do not enjoy having to use such extreme terms as "police state" and "military dictatorship," but in such extreme times as these it's necessary to speak the plain truth to help the American people wake up to what's happening.
In a television program, Phil Donahue spoke with swindled employees of Enron, World,com, and other criminal corporations. Many of the workers who had been fired, without severance pay, by these companies days after the senior executives had stolen millions, were still dazed. These were well-intentioned, hard-working people who had been completely savaged by corporate fat-cats. "What can we do?" they asked.
Well, certainly the first thing American workers must do is wake up to what the cabal is doing: fostering and allowing corporate crime to run rampant, destroying the life savings of thousands of people.
We must be aware that the capitalist cabal is actually a military dictatorship which will inevitably lead to the total destruction of our civil liberties unless we make sure that doesn't happen.
It's easy to miss the unmistakable aspects of the cabal's dictatorship if we assume that tyranny in the United States will necessarily take the same form as in, say, Nazi Germany, the communist Soviet Union, Sadam Hussein's dictatorship in Iraq, or other instances of despotism.
The United States has a long and glorious history of civil rights and some amount of governance by the will of the people. So the cabal's puppet Obama regime must start from a different historical position in its insane drive toward a police state. Daily, we see the Obama-led junta demolishing Constitutional liberties with impunity. We must recognize that the old forms of military dictatorship--with jackbooted storm troopers--have been replaced with new "war on terrorism" military control of civilians. And we must be aware that the cabal has created a one-party political system; both Republican and Democrat leaders serving the same capitalist aims.
9/11 was an unconscionable act of terror and whether the Bush regime planned and carried out that operation is still an open question. The cabal perpetrated a second terrorist act on Christmas day, 2009, with US intelligence agencies making certain that the "underwear bomber" was able to board Flight 253. It's quite possible that the Obama regime will create a Weimar Germany style financial crash to usher in a complete Nazi-like police state.
What the cabal is doing is so tyrannical that we must begin immediately to act as a people to stop its deliberate destruction of our nation.
"If any question why we died,
Tell them, because our fathers lied."
Originally posted: 7/27/02----Revised: 2/26/2013
Nick Turse, The Complex: How the Military Invades Our Everyday Lives, 2008
- David Robb, Operation Hollywood: How the Pentagon Shapes and Censors the Movies, 2004
- Klaus Dodds, Screening Terror
- Matthew Alford, Reel Power
- Melani McAlister, Culture, Media, and US Interests in the Middle East
and the Draft (COMD)