Unquestionably, the United States is now a military dictatorship! We're living in a fascist police state in which absolute power is concentrated in a capitalist criminal cabal that uses military and police power to dominate the people mentally and physically. The U.S. had been moving toward a total military dictatorship since about 1913; but in 2012 the final nail in the coffin of democracy and justice was hammered into place with the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act, Title X, Subtitle D (NDAA)!In May, 2013, the US military unilaterally declared that it will intervene domestically whenever it damn well pleases!
NDAA allows American citizens to be arrested, imprisoned, and tortured by the U.S. military--without due process of any kind!
Other criminal features of this current American military dictatorship include:
|"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY." |
from Gilbert, G.M. (1947). Nurenberg Diary, New York: Signet
Americans have been led to assume that war, as an institution, is merely a means that a society uses to achieve its ends when forced to by emergency or crisis. In actuality, the basic political-economic structure of the United States consists of the production of armaments by the "defense industry" and the destruction of armaments in fabricated wars.|
Wars are not "caused" by a crisis such as Pearl Harbor, 9/11, nonexistent weapons of mass destruction, or a supposed Yemini Al Qaeda underpants terrorist; wars are contrived for political-economic purposes by those in power.
The current political-economic rulers in the U.S. and Europe have duped the people into thinking that war is a last resort which "we" must adopt when our national or bloc sovereignty is threatened or when a ruthless leader engages in "ethnic cleansing" or some other unspeakable act.
The "National Defense State" scam works this way in the U.S.:
- Congress sinks huge sums into the "defense" budget.
- Congress transfers the money to the Pentagon and the Pentagon distributes our tax money to the various defense industries.
- "Defense" industry corporations buy congresspersons and presidents with campaign contributions.
This process gives controlling-interest owners of corporations outrageous profits and control over the government.
From the chart on the left, it's easy to see that war--the making and destroying of armaments--is the primary business of the U.S. under the present regime of the capitalist cabal.
|"The point to be grasped has been staring Western civilization in the face for the last half century: Namely, that a predominantly megatechnic economy can be kept in profitable operation only by systematic and constant expansion. Instead of a balanced economy, dedicated to the enhancement of life, megatechnics demands limitless expansion on a colossal scale. A feat only war or mock-war-rocket building and space exploration can supply."|
Capitalists Start Wars, They Don't Fight In Wars
In 1863, the North passed a law to draft young men into the Union army. Because of one provision in the conscription legislation, the most extreme urban violence America had ever seen erupted in New York City. The provision was that rich families could--for $300--buy their sons' exemption from the draft. So these sons of rich capitalists dodged the draft by buying their way out of the draft: J.P. Morgan, Jay Gould, James Fisk, William Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, Philip Armour, and Andrew Mellon. Judge Thomas Mellon's letter to his son Andrew clearly expressed the sentiment of capitalists: "In time you will understand and believe that a man may be a patriot without risking his own life or sacrificing his health. There are plenty of other lives less valuable."
J.P. (Pierpont) Morgan and his underlings essentially started World War I, reaping huge profits from the death of every American, British, French, and German soldier. Pierpont Morgan's New Haven railroad was about to go bankrupt when hostilities in Europe broke out. Morgan first convinced US President Woodrow Wilson to allow his companies to make loans to France to finance its war effort. Morgan then convinced the British and French governments to name him essentially the sole purchasing agent for the $3 billion to be spent on war materiel. This netted the J.P. Morgan company $30 million in commissions.
Pierpont directed the contracts--and profits--to Morgan-connected companies: Banker's Trust, Bethlehem Steel, Du Pont, United States Steel, Morgan-Guggenheim Utah Copper Company, and International Harvester. However, by 1917, the Allies had been brought to their knees and the J.P. Morgan interests were in deep trouble. The Allies owed Morgan and other US corporations $1.5 billion. All these loans would go bad if the United States did not enter the war. American Ambassador to Britain Walter Hines wrote to President Wilson that "Unless we go to war with Germany, our Government, of course, cannot make such a direct grant of credit . . ." to France and Britain. Within four weeks, President Wilson asked Congress for a declaration of war--and J.P. Morgan was saved.
"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death." Martin Luther King Jr., speech at NYC Riverside Church , April 4, 1967
Capitalist Wars Continue Unabated
The cabal-led military dictatorship is carrying out a policy of militaristic imperialism. The puppet Obama regime is now building the biggest-ever war machine:
- Obama is now deploying more troops than Dubya did. George W. Bush left the White House with 173, 000 US troops deployed in the two principal US wars (142,000 in Iraq and 31,000 in Afghanistan). With the increase of 45,000 troops in Afghanistan, Obama is now deploying a total of 233,000: 120,000 in Iraq and 113,000 in Afghanistan
- Obama says the various "wars" are costing $1 trillion. In truth, the entire "war on terrorism" has cost $6 trillion and continues to cost $1.5 trillion per year.
- Israel's right-wing militaristic government has been given billions in US military aid over many decades
- During the past half century US aid to Israel has totaled a whopping $81.3 billion (November 2001 Congressional Research Service report)
- Egypt, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia are among the next largest recipients of US military weaponry
- From 1999 to 2000, Egypt received $1.3 billion in US military aid and Jordan got $123 million
- While Saudi Arabia receives no outright US military assistance, it has bought over $33.5 billion of the most sophisticated US weapons systems (AWACS, F-15's and more) over the past ten years; that's more than US military assistance given to Israel and Egypt combined
- Poor, developing nations bought 68 percent of US weapons output in 2000 (Congressional Research Service study)
- American weapons producers signed contracts for some $18.6 billion dollars in 2000, up from around $12.9 billion dollars the previous year
- US contracts accounted for 49.7 percent of global sales in 2000 and the US controlled half of the developing world's arms market with $12.6 billion in sales
- The US routinely sells weapons to undemocratic regimes and gross human rights abusers (Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Kuwait, Turkmenistan and Turkey), which the capitalist cabal views as "trustworthy allies"
- Because the U.S. military budget is about 10 times as large as the next military budget, the United States has been able to out-compete all other countries in producing and selling weapons on the global market, running other countries out of business
- In addition to controlling military technology, the United States gives an enormous amount of military aid:
- In foreign aid
- In the form of subsidized purchases of weapons
- In guaranteed loans to countries to buy weapons
- To train the military in other countries (e.g. Indonesia) in dealing with civil conflict, civil unrest, insurgency, and emergencies
- The US power elite not only recruits and solicits and consolidates and solidifies a monopoly relationship with the military elites in countries around the world, but also with the foreign policy elites, the people who work at institutes for strategic studies and in the Foreign Service, the people who develop concepts of the world and of international relations, which then drive and determine the kind of choice points that governments will make along the way on a wide variety of issues
Congress unquestioningly passes every military budget, but if we can afford to install country clubs in over a thousand embassies and bases all over the globe, wouldn't these perks be a good place to slash expenditures?
"The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labour. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. Even when weapons of war are not actually destroyed, their manufacture is still a convenient way of expending labour power without producing anything that can be consumed."
George Orwell, 1984
The Military Dictatorship Budget
The cabal pretends to be reducing the deficit--targeting the elderly and poor by cutting $38 billion in what it calls "entitlements"--while INCREASING the military budget by $700 billion in 2011!
|| In 2010, $1.53 Trillion was spent by military establishments throughout the world. €30 billion a year could eradicate world hunger.|
90% of workers' taxes go to military spending.
Religious leaders worldwide continue to support illicit militaristic imperialist wars, mindlessly intoning the lie that military personnel are fighting against terrorism or "saving the American way of life."
The capitalist cabal lies to the American people about how much it spends on military expenses. As indicated in the image on the right, the Obama puppet regime tells the American taxpayers that only about 17% of the federal budget goes to the military expenditures. In reality, about 90% of workers' taxes go to military spending!
In a correlative article on oil imperialism, we saw that a major part of the overall world dominance strategy is:
- First, they sell armaments to a regime (for example, Panama, Iraq, Yugoslavia/Kosovo, Afghan/Pakistan/Taliban Mujaheddin).
- Then, they demonize the regime to which they sold the armaments and declare war on it (e.g. Panama Invasion, Gulf War, UN Kosovo war, Afghanistan war, Iraq war).
- After the war, they station permanent military bases in the country and use the military bases to control the energy resources in the surrounding countries.
- They impose the current U.S. foreign policy doctrine called "full-spectrum dominance": the U.S. must control military, economic and political developments everywhere.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
James Madison, while a United States Congressman
Militarism Gives Resistance to Tyranny a Bad Name
The United States was in part created by a revolutionary war fought by American patriots against their British oppressors. Throughout much of American history, especially since the beginning of the twentieth century, U.S. leaders have primarily perpetrated war on the people of the world instead of using war to free the people from oppression. Even in the second world war, which has been called "the good war," American and German industrialists collaborated with the Nazis for the purpose of making unconscionable profits.
Even so, we must remember that resistance, of all kinds, against tyranny is sometimes the only or the best response to naked aggression and oppression. The fact that the cabal regime has previously and is now using war merely as a pretext for its imperialistic schemes does not destroy the principle that the people's resistance against tyranny is sometimes necessary. It's necessary to resist the current tyranny of the Obama puppet regime with whatever means are effective.
Certainly, in the present situation the cabal has a monopoly over violence (military, intelligence agencies, police) in the United States and the world. So it would be idiotic for ordinary citizens to use violence in our present struggle to create a New America where the well-being of all its citizens is the common goal. But we citizens must, nonetheless, do everything in our power to combat the onslaughts against our Constitutional liberties:
- Speak out against each instance of oppression that we see
- Avoid allowing ourselves to be duped by the call for a jingoistic, 200% patriotism that is part of the "High Cabal's" scam to marginalize the people
- Join with activist groups that are working to improve conditions and fight tyranny
- Create cooperative commonwealth communities
The Lexicon of Understanding
In a series of articles on this Web site, we've exposed the various facets of the capitalist cabal's overthrow of American democracy and control of the United States:
- Capitalist Genocide
- Societal Apocalypse
- Capitalist Terrorism
- America Is A Banana Republic Not A Democratic Republic
- Contemporary America Is Nazi Germany
- Police State USA?
- The World Dominance Plot
- The Anthrax Atrocities
- Oil Imperialism
- Enronization: Global Epidemic
- The Destruction of American Education
- And the facet of military dictatorship in this article
Programming Americans to Accept New Views of War and the Military
My time of service at the Army War College as Chairman of the Department of Artificial Intelligence gave me the opportunity to study:
- The varied mind-sets in the military
- The dynamic relationship involved in the civilian control of the military
- Brainwashing in the military
When our nation was created, its founders understood that all facets of the government, including the military, are created to serve the needs of the people. The American colonists had fought against a British army which did whatever its corrupt civilian monarch and other leaders told it to do. This is why Samuel Adams made the important distinction between the need for and the danger of a standing army.
This mind-set is represented by such military leaders as (to name just a few):
"A Standing Army," Adams asserted, "however necessary it may be at some times, is always dangerous to the Liberties of the People."
From the beginning of the establishment of a standing military, military personnel have had one of two primary mind-sets:
Mind-set 1: I will remain loyal to my sworn pledge to uphold the U.S. Constitution, no matter what. If I consider a civilian or military order or operation to be contradictory to the Constitution, I will not follow the order and will do whatever is in my power to stop the unconstitutional operation.
Click on image above.
- Colonel L. Fletcher Prouty (above)
- General Frederick Woerner--commander in Panama and replaced by Bush senior when he wouldn't obey an illegal military order to attack Panama
- Admiral William Crowe--Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and replaced by Bush senior when he wouldn't obey an illegal military order to attack Panama
- The six U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff in the time frame: 5/25/02 (before their arms were twisted by Powell and Bush to fall into line)
- Army Vice Chief of Staff Gen. John Keane (above left)
- War Is A Racket, by General Smedley Butler, USMC, 1933
Mind-set 2: I will do whatever my civilian and military commanders tell me to do, without reflection on whether or not what they are ordering is permitted by the Constitution (since I want to get ahead in the military). This mind-set is represented by such people as:
Colin Powell, Secretary of State during Bush II's first term and turned out for slight disagreement with the junta's imperialistic plans; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during Bush senior's presidency (took over when Admiral William Crowe wouldn't agree to Bush senior's illegal invasion of Panama)
General Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Gulf War against Iraq
General Maxwell Thurman, commander of Operation Just Cause, the military attack on Panama (took over from General Frederick Woerner, when Woerner wouldn't agree to Bush senior's illegal invasion of Panama)
The six U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff in the time frame: 8/7/02 (after they'd been coerced into agreement with Bush and Powell)
General Tommy Franks, former U.S. military commander in Afghanistan
US Air Force General Ralph E. Eberhart, head of the newly established Northern Command
|"Militarism means a domination of the military man over the civilian, an undue emphasis on military needs, policies, spirit, values and ideals. . . |
"Militariness means a readiness to defend one's country's interests by force of arms, the acceptance of the military profession as honourable and necessary. Only a complete pacifist could validly condemn militariness. Others, aware that wars are facts of life, however unpleasant, would agree that every nation has to cultivate some militariness."
Distorted Concepts of War and the Military
On August 22, 2002, the Department of Defense and the National Guard Bureau in Washington, D.C. announced that the Iowa Army National Guard's 1st Battalion, 194th Field Artillery, was being ordered to federal active duty to locations within the United States for homeland security missions as part of Operation Noble Eagle II.
In 2015 we have had the Jade Helm military actions throughout the United States, pretending to be preparation for possible domestic terrorist attacks, but in actuality, preparation for military takeover of the entire nation whenever this is deemed necessary by the capitalist, fascist, militarist dictatorship.
These and similar operations constitute criminal acts on the part of the fascist junta in scrapping the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. In a nutshell, this act bans the use of the military against American civilians. Dubya's use of military personnel to control and harass the American civilian population (and General Eberehart's and other military leaders' mindless acceptance of this illegal action) is such an outrage that the American people should immediately speak out against it and do everything possible to see that this presidential crime is punished to the full extent of the law.
The use of U.S. military personnel and weapons against American civilians has occurred many times. To cite just two:
- Janet Reno's 1993 use of the Texas National Guard and the army's Joint Task Force Six in attacking, burning, and murdering more than 80 people, including 27 children in Waco, Texas
- The 1972 operation called Operation Garden Plot in which the U.S. military was used for "civil disturbance control"
Since the Korean War, the demonic cabal has been brainwashing the American public into new, distorted concepts of war and the military:
- The military can be used by the president for whatever purposes he chooses:
- For a police action in Korea that the president makes sure the U.S. does not win
- For a police action in Viet Nam that the president makes sure the U.S. does not win
- For the invasion of Panama to capture Noriega, a criminal who had been hired by Bush senior as a CIA operative and now threatened to reveal Bush's criminal activities in the Iran-Contra and other gun-running, drug-smuggling operations
- For the invasion of Iraq to make a "regime change"
- To repress and control American citizens
"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended. Its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war . . . and in the degeneracy of manners and morals, engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."|
Note the relious "justification" for war that this "newspaper service" propaganda puts forth.
In this and previous articles, I have used such terms as fascism, cabal, militarism, dictatorship, police state, world dominance, war crimes, war profiteering, state criminality, economic exploitation, and military dictatorship.|
In each instance, we provide an immediate explanation or linkout which defines these terms. Such terms as these cited sometimes possess connotations that connect them with older ideological concepts.
For example, the term imperialism was used extensively in Marxist and socialist writings. We encourage our readers to avoid being put off by these irrelevant connotations and concentrating on the precise meanings and relevant context. In the case of the term "imperialism," for instance, we define it as "the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation, especially by direct territorial acquisition or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas."
Our use of these terms should in no way be construed as our agreement with doctrinaire Marxist or socialist ideologies. As our Web site makes clear, we work within the American progressive movement that issued from the Enlightenment and Perennialist traditions.
Such concepts as referred to above are essential terms of discourse in these times when the cabal and its Obama puppet regime engage in fearsome actions which can only be explained through concepts such as "fascism" and "dictatorship."
We do not enjoy having to use such extreme terms as "police state" and "military dictatorship," but in such extreme times as these it's necessary to speak the plain truth to help the American people wake up to what's happening.
In a television program, Phil Donahue spoke with swindled employees of Enron, World,com, and other criminal corporations. Many of the workers who had been fired, without severance pay, by these companies days after the senior executives had stolen millions, were still dazed. These were well-intentioned, hard-working people who had been completely savaged by corporate fat-cats. "What can we do?" they asked.
Well, certainly the first thing American workers must do is wake up to what the cabal is doing: fostering and allowing corporate crime to run rampant, destroying the life savings of thousands of people.
We must be aware that the capitalist cabal is actually a military dictatorship which will inevitably lead to the total destruction of our civil liberties unless we make sure that doesn't happen.
It's easy to miss the unmistakable aspects of the cabal's dictatorship if we assume that tyranny in the United States will necessarily take the same form as in, say, Nazi Germany, the communist Soviet Union, Sadam Hussein's dictatorship in Iraq, or other instances of despotism.
The United States has a long and glorious history of civil rights and some amount of governance by the will of the people. So the cabal's puppet Obama regime must start from a different historical position in its insane drive toward a police state. Daily, we see the Obama-led junta demolishing Constitutional liberties with impunity. We must recognize that the old forms of military dictatorship--with jackbooted storm troopers--have been replaced with new "war on terrorism" military control of civilians. And we must be aware that the cabal has created a one-party political system; both Republican and Democrat leaders serving the same capitalist aims.
9/11 was an unconscionable act of terror and whether the Bush regime planned and carried out that operation is still an open question. The cabal perpetrated a second terrorist act on Christmas day, 2009, with US intelligence agencies making certain that the "underwear bomber" was able to board Flight 253. It's quite possible that the Obama regime will create a Weimar Germany style financial crash to usher in a complete Nazi-like police state.
What the cabal is doing is so tyrannical that we must begin immediately to act as a people to stop its deliberate destruction of our nation.
"If any question why we died,
Tell them, because our fathers lied."
Nick Turse, The Complex: How the Military Invades Our Everyday Lives, 2008
- David Robb, Operation Hollywood: How the Pentagon Shapes and Censors the Movies, 2004
- Klaus Dodds, Screening Terror
- Matthew Alford, Reel Power
- Melani McAlister, Culture, Media, and US Interests in the Middle East
- 7/10/2015: US military targets Russia
- 4/29/2014: Wars make top 1% richer
- 3/11/2013: 10 Top Warmonger Companies
- 4/13/2012: US Military Expands Worldwide
- 2/28/2012: Military-Entertainment Complex
- 2/14/2012: Pentagon's 51 Billion "Black Budget"
- 2/14/2012: US secret armies gear up for global war
- 1/27/2012: Why Is US Military Training for Urban Warfare?
- 10/5/2011: 1/3 US Veterans Say Iraq Afghanistan Wars Useless
- 8/3/2011: Wars In 70 Countries Worldwide
- 6/23/2011: More Efficient Ways to Stimulate Economy than Using the Military as a Jobs Program
- 6/23/2011: Obama Pretends to Reduce Military
- 4/4/2011: Libyan War: A Showcase in the New Arms Race
- 1/17/2011: The Mirage of Military Cuts
- 12/31/2010: The Pentagon Has Always Gone Hollywood
- 12/30/2010: Washington Uses Arms Sales To Achieve Global Supremacy
- 1/9/10: Military Spending is Ruining the Economy
- 1/4/10: Yemen As the Focus of the Next War
- 9/25/09: Militarist Machiavellis Maneuver for More War
- 8/22/08: The Cabal's Sham Missile-Defense and the Treaty with Poland
- 11/7/04: The 14 Characteristics of Fascism
- 8/28/03: The global war on terror is a smokescreen used by governments to wipe out opponents
- 11/22/02: The NATO Racket
- 11/21/02: Bush will attack Iraq whatever the outcome of UN inspections in Iraq
- 9/13/02: Bush at the UN: Washington's war ultimatum to the world
- 8/26/02: We the People, We the Warriors
- Cheney's Haliburton Finds Profits in War on Terrorism
- Cheney's Haliburton Finds Profits in War on Terrorism, Part II
- The Gulf War: Origins and Motivations
- The Gulf War: Myth and Reality
- The American Way of War
- Police State, American Style
- None Dare Call It Dictatorship
- American Military Interventions of the 20th Century
- Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Committee Opposed to Militarism
and the Draft (COMD)
- Global Action to Prevent War
- Institute for Defense and Disarmament Studies
- Washington Peace Center
- School of the Americas Watch
- War Resisters International