Realizing the New Commonwealth
Capitalism Destroys Civilization
New Civil War
Capitalism Destroys Minds
Realizing a New World
"The first requirement in the possible creation of the new society is to be aware of the almost insurmountable difficulties that such an attempt must face."|
As Erich Fromm indicates, the first step in actualizing a "new society" is to face the "almost insurmountable difficulties" that such an effort faces.
When I received, through inspirational dialectic, the Archetype of the New Commonwealth, it was clear that such an extraordinary Form would only be understood and valued by phenomenal persons who had achieved stupendous understanding of themselves and the world.
"A true philosopher cannot help patterning himself on those with whom he holds reverential dialectical interchange. And if he is called upon to fashion the archetype of a true Commonwealth he will construct it of those elements which he perceives in the higher realm of Forms: goodness, justice, and every civil virtue. To be of the highest quality, a State must be designed by a philosophical artist who is inspired to structure it according to the heavenly archetype." Plato, The Commonwealth, Book 7
I use the phrase "actualizing the New Commonwealth," in the sense of making real or concrete; giving reality to; being fully aware or cognizant of a reality that already exists as an Ideal or Form. 1 As we'll examine below, this new reality is composed of essences (Forms) that Plato and other teachers within the Perennial Tradition reveal. Perennialist savants have inhabited this reality since the beginning of humankind, initiating select aspirants into this domain.
Over a number of years, various persons have shown an interest in training for possible membership in The New Commonwealth. Most of these persons have proven to lack requisite understanding or character development.
Two major factors in the "almost insurmoundable difficulties" that we face in actualizing a new society are:
- Ninety-nine percent of the people in this demonic world have been driven insane by the reigning capitalist ideology of dog-eat-dog ego-mania
- Capitalist dictators the world over have destroyed most vestiges of a "free society" and have instigated fascism, imperialism, and militarism.
The apocalyptic nature of the present world becomes ever more evident as a certifiably insane U.S. President wreaks havoc on every civilized and enlightened institution and deliberately murders increasing numbers of the working class--a process that every president after John F. Kennedy has implemented.
It's necessary for us to constantly remind ourselves that we are living in a "Noah's Ark" world, where evil is overwhelming humankind and a very small number of people possess the advanced moral and intellectual qualities that would make them worth "saving."
Given the depraved nature of the capitalist manipulators throughout the world and the resulting low intellectual and moral character of "the people," it is quite possible that the embodiment of the Archetype of The New Commonwealth in an actual physical community will not be realized during the author's lifetime. Whatever transpires, the significant "work" of actualizing the Archetype, in the Form of The New Commonwealh has been achieved.
Cooperative Commonwealth Communities
- Screening and training of applicants for community membership, not indiscriminate acceptance of all applicants
- Community ownership of the means of production by members
- Consensus control: policies and actions decided by dialectical consensus of all community members
- Production solely for use, not profit: community-regulated production of goods and services relative to need, without the intervention of a buying and selling market mechanism
- Replacement of capitalism by a commonwealth polity one community at a time, not nationally as a whole
The New Commonwealth Archetype possesses the added crucial significance of being the only genuine, viable solution to the present world crisis. Certainly, communism and socialism have proven to be failures, and merely "tinkering" with capitalism will not stop its historical destruction of our civilization.
The actualization of The New Commonwealth is an instance of spiritual creation. We have achieved the first two step in this process:
- Contacting and Receiving Inspiration From the Transcendent Force: Developing the capability of creative imagination: allowing the flow-through of ideas and archetypes
- Forming an Intention: Intelligence intentionally selecting a Form, Pattern, or Archetype for creating a specific entity (person, object, condition, or event)
The author is presently "contemplating" the Archetype to determine the final three steps of the spiritual creation process. Some of the results of this "contemplation" are explicated in this essay.
"If man desires a better world, if he wishes to shape positive events, he must also know how to contemplate the archetypal so as to bring the sensible world into as great a conformity with the intelligible world as possible; there he bears immense responsibility on the existential plane in which he lives. If on this plane things do not proceed as they should this is because the individual does not know how to build according to the laws of ideal harmony. . .
"Man is a second demiurge whose task is to carry the intelligible into the sensible and the sensible into the intelligible plane. This world is in ruins because man wishes it so, but it could be different if he strove with humility to discover his internal Ruler, first of all, and then to contemplate what is perfect at certain levels of being."
Raphael, Initiation Into the Philosophy of Plato, 1999
We are now at the point of completing the spiritual creation process:
- Using Creative Imagination: Forming a blueprint or plan for creating the entity selected for manifestation
- Acting to Produce: Tangible or intangible operations through which the selected entity is brought into existence relative to the original intention as structured by the blueprint
- Manifesting in the Supersensible or Terrestrial Domain: Created entities (tangible or intangible) sustained and used to benefit humankind
Cooperative Commonwealth Community
The actualization of The New Commonwealth Archetype will necessarily involve an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, spiritual, and cultural needs and aspirations through jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprises.
We must begin to create the New Commonwealth by considering the basic human needs:
- Food (including water)
- Shelter (housing)
- Accoutrements (elements that are not necessary in themselves but add to the well-being or life of a person)
The New Commonwealth Community will begin by creating a cooperative enterprise in one or all of these areas of basic human need:
- Food cooperative: A food cooperative is a food production and/or distribution outlet organized as a cooperative. Food cooperatives are usually consumers' cooperatives where the decisions regarding the production and distribution of their food are chosen by its members. Food cooperatives typically offer natural foods. Since decisions about how to run a cooperative are not made by outside shareholders, cooperatives often exhibit a higher degree of social responsibility than their corporate analogues.
- Housing cooperative: A housing cooperative is a legal entity, usually a cooperative corporation, which owns real estate, consisting of one or more residential buildings. Housing cooperatives are a distinctive form of home ownership that have many characteristics that differ from other residential arrangements such as single family home ownership, condominiums and renting.
- Accoutrements cooperative
"It is necessary, in the first place, to turn our attention constantly and continuously to the higher ideal which we wish to realise; to the highest ideal we can form of truth, goodness, and beauty. In proportion as we can do this we shall find truth, goodness, and beauty becoming realised in our nature. The practical outcome of an intelligent realisation of the existence of our higher divine Self, is the opening up, as it were, of a channel of communication through which the higher can flow into, and manifest in, the lower. There is an actual structural alteration in the physical body and nerve centres. Every thought conditions a definite physiological change. We shut out the higher possibilities by thought alone, by thinking ourselves separate. Just in proportion as we think of ourselves as divine, in proportion as we realise that the divine is within us, shall we come to a conscious realisation of our divine nature and powers. Nor is there any other path by which this may be accomplished." William Kingsland, Scientific Idealism
If you would like to determine if you have understood this essay, this test is made available.
Reference and Updates:
1 Previous studies of Platonic forms: